Sesame oil, also known as gingelly or til oil has a mild, nutty flavor. It contains a higher proportion of fatty acids
- Healthy Skin and Hair: Sesame seed oil is loaded with zinc which means it's incredibly good for skin. The oil penetrates deep into the derma, fighting bacteria and leaving your skin vibrant and detoxified.
- Improves Bone Quality: Sesame oil is used to help promote active bone growth. It is high in copper, zinc, and calcium, all minerals that are necessary for bone growth. It can be used by people to mitigate the effects of osteoporosis and other bone-weakening diseases brought on by age.
- Oral Health: Many people don't realize that brushing and flossing can cause micro-tears in their gums, which can open a gateway into the rest of your body for infections. While brushing your teeth is an essential practice for good oral hygiene, you might also benefit by practicing oil pulling.
- Boosts Heart Health and Improves Circulation: Heart will benefit because sesame oil contains lignins which contain polyphenols. Polyphenols are micronutrients that can prevent diseases such as cardiovascular disease. Lignins are known to help lower cholesterol levels naturally.
- Anti-Cancer Properties: Some of the chemical compounds in sesame oil, such as sesamol and sesame, have been found to reduce certain types of cancer cells. Additionally, sesame seed oil stimulates antibodies which are your body's natural way of attacking cancer cells.